- No loss of passenger accommodation or load space over conventional Yaris.
- 1.5 litre petrol engine is more economical and the electric motor more compact than the system in the Yaris.
- Magnet material – winding of the coils with flat rather than round wire reduces weight and significantly reduces size of motor.
- Nickel hydride battery – number of cells reduced 168 to 120, leading to a more efficient power management system, and because the battery can fit under the rear seats, the Hybrid has the same load space.
- ‘The best balance between performance, fuel consumption and emissions’